CYCLE TO WORK SCHEMES
GETTING A BIKE THROUGH CYCLE TO WORK
Cycle to work scheme is a great incentive for employees, and companies can save money too – every bike processed through the scheme means an employees National Insurance saving. Everybody wins, and it's time to let your employer know! Help your employer help you!
Cycle to Work is a UK Government tax exemption initiative introduced in the Finance Act 1999 to promote healthier journeys to work and to reduce environmental pollution. It allows employers to loan cycles and cyclists' safety equipment to employees as a tax-free benefit. If you employer hasn't signed up to one of the available cycle to work schemes, the details of how to sign up are on the relevant providers websites below. If we had to recommend a cycle to work provider, we would suggest Cyclescheme. They have the most coverage and would give all employees the most choice of bikes and cycle shops.
Here at the J C Cook Cycles we work with a number of cycle schemes to help get you on the road with your new bicycle and equipment. Your employer has to be willing to run the scheme before you can get your bike. This is because the scheme can only run through what is known as a salary sacrifice, where you agree to temporarily reduce your wages to pay for the hire of goods‚ in this case a bike and equipment.
The scheme is available to UK tax payers who pay PAYE.
Please note that the self-employed cannot take part in the scheme.
You can see a list below of the various schemes that we are associated with although if you don't see the scheme you're looking for, please contact us for further information as we may be able to assist.
Although each scheme has a slightly different process, generally you would need to obtain a quote from us for the products you would like in order to proceed. If you can't see you cycle scheme listed above please get in touch as we still may be a partner.
Please contact us if you have any questions or are unsure how to proceed and one of our sales team will be happy to guide you through the process.
Alternatively please click one of the logos below to take you to their website for more details.
How get a quote from us.
- Browse our website and add your bicycle and safety accessories the shopping basket.
- During checkout - choose 'Checkout with Card' and on the 'Review Order' page select 'CycleScheme' as your payment method.
- We will email you a quotation, valid for 28 days.
- Take the quotation to your Employer so they/you can apply for the scheme - once you are issued a Voucher/LoC/Code, email your name and 'order number' from the quotation email we sent you to email@example.com.
- Your order will be checked and one of our team will contact you.
- Any Quotations not completed within 28 days will be cancelled so please ensure you email us if you think it will take longer than 28 days, this way we can keep your order open.
- All cycle scheme prices are at the full recommended retail price RRP. For sale items will add on the cost we incur from the cycle scheme which could be 6, 10 or 15% depending on which scheme you use. Please contact our sales team for a price.
|Cycle Scheme Provider||Fee as a %|
|Green Commute||6 %|
|Cycle Scheme||10 %|
|My Benefits World||10 %|
|Bike 2 Work||10 %|
|Cycle Solutions||10 %|
|Enjoy Benefits||10 %|